Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Unusual Sense of Style

I recently wrote a blog about my white trash car, Stella, who is missing most her hubcaps. One hubcap is actually still attached and one sits in my back seat. I am going to attach the latter to the same side as the former so at least one side of Stella looks normal. (It reminds me of one of those actors that are half female, half male. . .you know the ones I mean? Well, it doesn't get any more ghetto than that.)

This is not the point of the story, however. I had to conduct a survey for one of my stats classes so I wandered to nearby girls' apartments and humbly solicited their help. As I was sitting in she-who-will-not-be-named's apartment, I looked over on the kitchen wall and a wave of reminiscence overcame me. I couldn't help but suppress a chortle. I asked s-w-w-n-b-n where she got the lovely decor. Her response? She told me her friend found it outside the apartment, on the street. No doubt you are now asking yourself what this wall hanging was. I will keep you guessing no longer. It was nothing other than one of my vanished hubcaps.

If Hubcap had to go, I am grateful she went to a loving home. Moral of the story: If ever you are missing an antennae, seatbelt, license plate, or engine, check your neighbor's wall, they may have it for safe keeping.

1 comment:

Anna said...

what the??? that is hillarious! Did you take it back, or did you let them keep it?
PS
your pic on here is fab! You look like a babe