Thursday, May 22, 2008

Conclusion: "The Cook" Wins!

I just wanted to write about my reaction to the defeat of David Archuletta on American Idol. As an avid Idol viewer I have strong feelings for the little guy, but also to the show in general. First and foremost : Archuletta rocks my socks. He is like Daron Williams in Jr. Jazz, if you know what I'm saying. He never missed a note and his innocent smiles and huge eyes made every woman over twenty want to grab him and cradle his head into her bosom and sing lullabies. What an infant success!

However much I love Archuletta, I think that "The Cook" deserved the victory. Not only can the guy sing, but he mixed it up a bit and suprised us every week. When exactly did I fall in love and become a huge fan of "The Cook?" Two words for you, Billy Jean! It was hot! Cook's boots, however, are not. You can spot that kid comin from a block away just by the croc skin shouting at you. I am definitley a fan.

Finally, I love Simon, Paula should shut up and sit down, and Randy could read the phone book and I would be a happy camper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I, yeah who am I, have come to the conclusion that American Idol has lost it. The premise of the show - find somebody with undiscovered talent and make them a star - used to work. Now basically the show is about who is teachable, who can be molded into a corporate singer and has reasonable talent.

For me and my house we will watch Arrested Development - and that new show on local cable access - who wants to make the Mo Tab Choir. Or What not to Wear meets the FLDS ranch.

Till next time....

Liz said...

Aw, don't be a Paula hater. She brings a little spice (aka craziness) to the show. It's like Casi teaching temple prep. People showed up each week with one thought: "What's she gonna say this time?!"

Anna said...

Perfect discription on how me and all the other women over 20 feel about lil david archuleta. I WOULD snuggle him and sing a lullaby but it would be better if did the singing. Hmm that sounds a tad creepy...