Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cheesy Waffles

The other day in class we had to introduce ourselves with a little known fact about us that people would remember. Okay, I am not an original person. . . I don't have wierd quirks and I haven't been super adventurous, so what would I say. This is a common concern for me when people ask these types of questions. First and blind dates tend to drift in this direction as well.

The only thing I could come up with is I like cheese on my waffles. Yes, I know, gag, gag, puke, puke. Well after I said this a chic behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I liked it in the morning or for dinner. I informed her that I liked it both times at which she immediately shuttered and asked if I put syrup on it. Yes was my reply. She looked at me with all manner of distate imaginable and then I spoke very curtly: Don't knock it till you tried it.

So here is my little recipe for cheese waffles. . . don't knock it till you tried it. You may end up liking it.

One warm waffle
Spread butter lightly all over the top of the waffle
Lay thinly sliced cheddar cheese across whole waffle
Pour hot syrup on cheese
Cut, insert into mouth, and enjoy!

5 comments:

Anna said...

I think I will have to rethink our friendship... I didnt know that you were consuming something so horrid. BUT its not nice to put condition on our friendship.
Eat your waffles with cheese but keep it secret in the future

Riddles said...

I have tried this little "treat", as you call it, so therefore I can knock it. It's close to the grossest thing I have eaten. But go go do do at you own risk.

Megan said...

it's immature to say, but i will: i dont need to eat poop to know it's gross.

Unknown said...

Sickening. Use spell check.

Anonymous said...

Ah but you have not lived until you have experienced Gladys Knight's Fried Chicken and Waffle House in Atlanta - and they recommend you pour/dump syrup on the whole mess - and yes it does or can come with - you guessed it cheese