Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Milkshake is Better than Yours

I have been as of late in California, which is posted all over my facebook if you had no idea. . .you did, admit it. Anywho, interesting story as I was in California is about to appear all over your screen. . .don't fight it.

Ali and I were going down to breakfast in our not-so-ghetto hotel and were just going to grab food and take it up to our room, little did we know that the breakfast Nazi were staring us down and ready to pounce at any sight of comida leaving the breakfast area. The problem? Anna had to eat!

So as we are sitting at our table enjoying the tiniest of bagels, Ali slips a crinkley package of Fruit Loops down her pants. . .Anna should be grateful for sure!! Then, to my amazement she looks around for people looking and shoves a bagel in her bra. I couldn't let her do all the work, so I got some milk for the cereal and pretended to be drinking it as we headed, noisily, back to our room.

Where does the story get good? Right now! Ali rounded a corner to head up the stairs and almost slams into a woman coming the opposite direction. In my heart I did a shoosh and wipe of the forehead, I couldn't really do it because I was carrying milk you know. So as I turned my head from looking at the almost accosted woman, I rounded the corner and bam! Fourteen year old girl had no clue she was about to have skim milk dripping down the front of her new American sweater!

The look on her face was a mix of shock and anger as she penetrated into my soul with her rage. I apologized profusely and asked if I could get her some napkins (I had no milk on me). Her mother in a surge of rapid fire words. . .and not English. . .told her daughter to go change and looked at me as if I was the Pope damning her daughter to Hell for all time.... Silly Europeans!

2 comments:

C&C said...

haha...this is candice (aka, ex roommate) and i found your address on your facebook. your stories crack me up!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I cannot read your blog at work, I was laughing so hard and trying to be quiet and that made me laugh harder til I was snorting.